Monday, January 19, 2009

Visit to Grandma & Grandpa's House

Grandma Debbie & Papa Jerry were getting lonesome for Emmy so we drove up to see them Friday night and stayed until Sunday evening. We had a nice time. Emmy is becoming a momma's girl. She loves to be near me at all times. She will cry when Brad holds her at times.
Grandma Debbie and I took Shelby to see the movie Hotel for Dogs on Saturday. It was a really cute movie. Emmy stayed home with daddy and grandpa and did pretty good. Jerry and Brad played cribbage and Jerry double skunked Brad...which if you are familiar with cribbage, it's almost unheard of. Jerry was excited that he beat Brad so well, I think he was looking for his wood burning tools so that he could etch "I double skunked Brad on 1-18-09" into his cribbage board!
When us girls got back from the movie, Brad, Tony & Christy wanted to go to a movie. So after feeding and changing Emmy, we drove back to Alexandria to see the movie Gran Torino. Jerry & Deb took care of Emmy. She was asleep when we left for the movie, but then woke up about ten minutes after we left. I think she was missing her mommy & daddy. She cried pretty hard for grandma & grandpa. They gave her a bath, fed her, gave her something for her tummy, but nothing seemed to calm her down. So they called us to let us know and we decided to go home early from the movie. When we walked in the door, she was crying in grandma's arms. But when I held her, she stopped crying and then she was all smiles for the rest of the night. She's so young, but definitely knows how to play us already! Brad said that he definitely knows what his parents were going through with Emmy because the same thing happened to him a couple of months ago the night that I went out with my mom.
She has been a little constipated lately and also had a tooth that popped through this weekend...that could have been why she was a little fussy. We've been giving her lots of extra fluids to get her back on track.
Brad and I took a quick drive out to Ande's Tower Hills on Sunday. Ande's is a ski & tubing hill just a few miles down the road from his parent's place. Brad took advantage of it when he was growing up. He's quite the avid skier. When we drove up, I think it got him excited watching everyone come down the hills. We didn't have any of our snow pants, boots, etc with us...so we just took a quick drive by. He's been talking non-stop about skiing lately. I'm sure we'll be going soon...only if we can get Emmy to be good while we are gone.
Emmy also enjoyed seeing her great aunt Muriel & cousin Kathi...she was a little ham for them.


No comments: