I came home from Target the other night to a wonderful surprise. I noticed that the garage light was on when I pulled into the driveway. Our garage door opener is on the blink so I honked for Brad to come outside and help me bring all of the bags into the house. As we were coming through the front door, he wanted to bring all of the pop out to the garage fridge. As I opened the door to the garage and walked down the step, there was a big red car in our garage and my brother Scott was standing next to it. I jumped and screamed at the same time. That little turkey surprised me. I had just called him about and hour before that to see if he was coming down to our house for the family wedding the next day. He told me on the phone that he wasn't coming. I didn't know that he was already on his way to our house.
He drove his 1979 Trans Am to our house. He figured that he averaged around 6 miles per gallon. Yikes! Scott has had this car for about 20 years but has had it in storage for the last ten years. My dad bought him collector plates to put on the car.
He has been working on fixing up the car for the past few months to get it ready to give to Tyler. Tyler will be 16 and DRIVING at the end of October. He'll have to get a good paying job to afford the gas. :)
Brad and Scott did a burn out down our block and he took Emmy for a ride in the cul-de-sac. Emmy was having fun in the car while Scott was waxing it. Wax on, Wax off. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment