Erin has been a little fussy the past couple of days. She just hasn't been herself and hasn't been sleeping well. I've also been hearing a little wheeze coming from her as she exhales. I had a feeling that she had another ear infection too, so off we went to the clinic again. Do they sell stock in Partners in Pediatrics? Because I think we need it.
We checked into the clinic this afternoon around 5:30. Our clinic has a "ready care" option where you can just walk right in without an appointment (for minor things, of course). The only drawback to this is that you don't know who you are going to get for a doctor and this doctor might not know the child's history, etc.
Tonight we lucked out. As we were patiently waiting in the doctor's office, and praying I wasn't going to get Dr. Death, we heard a knock on the door and in walks our regular pediatrician!! Yeah! We were so excited to see her. She wanted to hear all about Erin's hospital visit, etc. I filled her in on all of the details and then she checked Erin's breathing and ears.
Erin has a little bit of wheezing and her doctor prescribed a steroid and neb treatments twice a day. She also has an ear infection in one ear so she'll be on Augmentin for ten days.
Augmentin has always been rough for Emmy. Let's cross our fingers that Erin doesn't have trouble with it too. It's a pretty powerful antibiotic.
smile, it's friday :)
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment