We stayed in the Glacier Canyon part of the resort and upgraded to the kitchen suite. It really wasn't that much more and I'm so glad that we got the kitchen. It would have been difficult packing up the wet kids and heading out to eat for every meal. This way, we were able to just run up to our room and make a quick meal. I packed & organized for all three days that we would be there. I planned our menu for every day. It was pretty easy stuff.
Our hotel room was more like an apartment. It had a "cabin/up north" feel to it. It was furnished with everything that we would need at home and was wonderful! I didn't even have to bring utensils. Emmy even got her very own Murphy Bed. She thought that was pretty cool.
The water park passes are included with the hotel and are exclusive to registered guests. So that means no outsiders are allowed into the water parks. This helps keep it quiet. We actually didn't have to wait in any lines and there weren't that many crowds. We lucked out and got there at the perfect time - right before Labor Day.
The resort has four outdoor pools & four indoor pools. We got to swim in all of them but one of the outdoor pools - it was raining on our last day so we couldn't check out that one. The park has so many things to do for all ages. I really wanted to check out the arcade! It was HUGE!!!
The girls had so much fun in the water parks. Our favorite pool ended up being the one closest to our hotel room. It was new, kid friendly, had water slides, an outdoor lazy river with tube slide and a bar.
Did I mention it had a bar? Well, we didn't get to use it that much. Maybe once.
Emmy and I enjoyed the lazy river. Erin didn't want to sit in her tube so she hung out with Brad while Emmy & I relaxed.
Emmy and I checked out the wave pool too. We were having a blast in our double tube and I was hitting the waves just right when all of a sudden a huge wave was coming towards us and I had no time to paddle away. We tipped over - thank God Emmy was wearing her life jacket. It scared the crap out of me. I couldn't find her right away and then I felt her grab me from behind.
Okay...I probably shouldn't have had her out there with me, but we were having so much fun and Emmy was giggling.
I think we will be making this into an annual trip. We had such a blast and I can't wait to do it again next year! Who's going to join us!?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment