Our church has this great event called "Parent Night Out" once a month. Parent Night Out is a great opportunity for us to get out while safe child care is provided for our children. It’s a great chance for our kids to strengthen their faith through awesome and exciting faith-based activities.
Brad and I decided to take advantage of it because we haven't really been on a date in a very long time. I was amazed at how many parents take advantage of this event. There must have been over 60 kids at the church. The event is from 6:00 - 10:00 and the parents are free to do whatever they choose. The church suggests $10 per child but you can donate whatever you would like.
Erin spent her time in the nursery while Emmy got to make crafts and watch a movie with kids her age.
Brad and I went to a movie at the cheap theater. There wasn't really anything worth watching at the other theater down the street. We actually spent less money for two tickets, popcorn and pop than it would have cost for one ticket at the more expensive theater down the street.
We are both looking forward to doing this again next month! The kids really loved it!
On Saturday we went shopping for a mattress and box spring for Emmy's room. Her crib is a convertible and is currently set up as a toddler bed. It converts to a full size bed. We want to get her into a "Big Girl" bed and also in hopes that she will stop coming into our room at night.
Looking back, I would have just converted from a crib to a full size bed now knowing how expensive the conversion kits cost, etc.
After shopping at a few places, we decided to purchase from Sears. They had the best deal...But, we can't pick it up until next Friday.
We are slowly getting her room redecorated. Brad painted her room last week. We went from a pale yellow to a pale pink and have added a few pink accessories. I will take pictures as soon as we get everything finished.
Emmy is excited about her new room. She shows everyone that comes to the house. We got her some new fuzzy sheets for her full size bed and we are trying them out on her toddler bed. So far she has stayed in her bed two nights in a row. Yesterday morning, she didn't want to get out of her bed. She said, "Mommy, I'm warm in here. I don't want to get out of bed."
On Sunday we went to church. Emmy's class is singing during the service next Sunday, so we are looking forward to watching that.
We also did some Christmas shopping this weekend. I've found some good deals on toys this year. I haven't wrapped anything yet because I'm sure the girls will try to open them as soon as I put them under the tree.
smile, it's friday :)
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment