Monday, April 16, 2012

Girls Weekend - Stamping/Scrapbooking

Last weekend I got together with some of the girls from Brad's family for a scrapbooking/card stamping weekend.  Sarah & I headed up to Hoffman Friday evening and arrived at the Elk Lake Preserve around 9:00.  Deb, Connie, Lorri, Christy & Tina were already set up.  We had the whole house reserved for the weekend. 

Sarah & I quickly got our supplies set up and started right in with our projects.  Sarah worked on their Disney vacation scrapbook all weekend.  She had about 500 pictures to sort through!
I had a few different projects lined up for myself.  I made two frames for Emmy & Erin and I also did a couple of glass etchings.  I wasn't so proud of those.  They didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped.  I also made about 15 cards...mostly birthday, thinking of you, and thank you cards. 

Deb is a Stamping Up Demonstrator so I don't think there's anything from the catalog that she doesn't have.  If you needed something this weekend...chances are one of us had it...well probably not me...that's why I was always asking, "Where's this stamp, Where's that punch, How do you do that technique?"

The weekend was filled with lots of projects, eating yummy food & sharing many laughs.  We stayed up pretty late all weekend and when it was time to go to bed, I felt like I was at Green Lake Bible Camp all over again.  Christy, Sarah & I all shared a room and slept on bunk beds.  We giggled like little teenagers...sharing lots of funny stories. 

I think this was my first time away from both Brad & the girls and it was much needed.  I can't wait to do this again.  I had so much fun!

 Our view of the lake.


No comments: