Sunday, December 7, 2008

4 Month Check Up

Emmy weighs 13 lbs. 3 oz. and is 24 1/4 inches long. She's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Her head measures at 41.6 cm which is in the 50-75 percentile. If you stood her in a row of 100 other girls & boys that are her same age, she measures right smack dab in the middle. :)

She got another set of shots at her 4 month check up. This time daddy came with us. She cried pretty hard for a few minutes when the first shot went in, but was okay when she started to suck on my finger. She doesn't like pacifiers very much. I made sure that my hands were clean before they started the shots because I knew she wouldn't take the pacifier and would only calm down if I let her suck on my finger. Brad said that it was pretty hard to watch her cry that hard.
Later that day, she was pretty cranky and didn't sleep well that night. She was up every hour.

Emmy's doctor said to keep doing what we are doing. She's doing just great. She mentioned giving Emmy some rice cereal before bedtime which might help her sleep a little longer during the night. She should start sleeping a little better around 6 months. When she starts to get sleepy, she rubs her eyes and it is so cute. A couple of months ago she was actually sleeping through the night. I'm not sure what changed.

Her pattern has been like clockwork lately. When I pick her up at day care, she usually falls asleep as soon as I back out of Dar's driveway. She sleeps for about an hour and then we have dinner/feeding. After that we play for a little bit and then she takes a nap around 7:00. She usually falls asleep for the night anywhere from 9-11 and then is up for a feeding at 2:30 and again at 5 or 5:30.

She loves to be held and talked to by anyone. However, lately she is starting to develop stranger awareness...especially with grandma Debbie. I don't know why. It's so weird because lately we've been seeing grandma & grandpa every week.

We have been giving her one new baby food per week and she loves everything so far. We've given/tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans & applesauce. So far, no allergies. She LOVES squash.
She is rolling over so well. She's rolling and rolling and rolling all over the floor. Soon we will be child proofing our home.




No comments: