I brought Erin into the clinic for her 9 month check up last Wednesday. She's such a doll and has come a long way since she was born. What a trooper...She weighs more than Emmy did when Emmy was 9 months old. Emmy wasn't even a preemie!!
Erin weighs 18 lbs 10.5 oz and is 27 inches long. She's in the 25-50%ile for height & weight. Her head measures 45.1, which is 75-90%.
Emmy weighed 18 lbs 2 oz and was 27 inches long at 9 months. They are pretty close, but Erin seems to be filling out her clothes more than Emmy did at that age. I can barely get these 6-9 month clothes on her anymore. I usually have to stand her up and lift her into her jeans like a sack of potatoes. She definitely has a little muffin top when she wears her 6-9 month jeans. I've been putting her 12 month jeans on her recently, but rolling the pant legs...they work just fine.
Both of the girls received their flu shots. Emmy got the nasal mist and Erin got the shot in her leg. She barely cried. Thank God that was the only shot she had to get. I just hate shots.
Development wise, Erin is doing well. She's crawling on all fours (really fast), she does "SO BIG" all the time and is starting to wave. She loves to wave when I say hi to her. She sticks her whole arm up in the air and then her little wrist just goes up and down.
She understands what we are saying to her most of the time, but hasn't said mama, dada or baba just quite yet. I'm sure it will be coming soon. She definitely knows what the BABA is and she knows her name when we say Erin Lynn.
She pulls herself up and cruises around all of the furniture. She is able to pick up her little puffs and put them into her mouth. She loves putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. She likes her rice cakes & biscuits.
She loves to play peek-a-boo and we are teaching her pat-a-cake.
She reacts to strangers with caution and fear. She's mostly afraid of men and deep voices.
She loves to sleep and is usually comforted by her satin/fleece woobie and I can't forget...her thumb.
She hates when I leave the room and is really unhappy until I say her name or come back into the room.
She loves to eat all foods and has been eating all stage 3 baby food. I usually have to mix it with rice cereal though because it's still too runny. We are also giving her some table food which she really enjoys. She always wants to try what we are eating.
We've been teaching her how to use a sippy cup, but she just likes to chew on it right now.
She doesn't like to sit still EVER. It's a challenge to just change her diaper. I have resorted to holding her arms down with my legs.
She doesn't like to miss out on anything and wants to be in with all the action. At daycare she plays with the big kids instead of being in her own "infant" section.
She's just a healthy, happy girl and is such a joy to our family.
smile, it's friday :)
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment