Due to Brad's hectic work schedule for his consulting business, our 4th of July weekend was spent at home. We got some things done around the house and played with the girls. We were telling Emmy all about the Fireworks (aka...colors in the sky) and she was getting so excited. I bought some sparklers, snakes, ground spinners & pop its for the kids and we let them off in the street.
I fed Emmy her lunch that day and then laid her down for a nap. After her nap, she woke up and started throwing up. Erin woke up from her nap and Brad fed her some lunch. Not long after Erin ate lunch, she got sick too. The girls both ate hot dogs for lunch...so I'm assuming that's what got them sick. Neither of the girls had fevers. We spent the entire holiday cleaning up after sick kids. I think Erin went through seven pairs of pajamas and got several baths that day. Emmy & I gagged as Erin got sick. I definitely inherited my mother's weak stomach. As I was bent over the tub gagging & giving Erin one of her many baths, Emmy was gagging behind me, so I told her to run to the toilet. She got sick in the toilet and then decided to go potty. As she was sitting on the potty, she started laughing at me and said, "Haha mommy...your pants are falling down." I guess I had plumber's crack. he he
Erin got sick in so many different places of the house. I sent Brad to the laundromat to clean our comforter, we had to throw out our living room rug, and washed her bedding & the couch cushions. Later that night, we thought the girls were feeling better. We wanted to show them the fireworks outside so we drove around the nearby lake. As we were driving, Erin got sick in her car seat. Emmy was so concerned about her and started crying. She said (in a crying voice), "Oh no! My Erin is sick. She needs to go to the doctor!!"
So, the "Gort Family" 4th of July curse has come back to haunt me. As kids it never failed that one of us Gorts would always get hurt or something happened to one of us on the 4th of July. It ranged from my dad getting severe sunburns on his very white legs to Scott getting hurt from a bottle rocket that blew up near him. And leeches on some not so great parts of the body. YUK!!
Needless to say, I threw out the hot dogs and have yet to buy more. I don't eat hot dogs in the first place, but the girls love them and they are quick & easy. Emmy even requested them the next day for lunch, but I said no way!
smile, it's friday :)
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment