Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Activities Update - Swimming, Gymnastics, Dance...

Once again, we've overloaded ourselves with activities.  We've been such busy bees, I don't know if I'm coming or going lately.  The girls absolutely love being in activities though and it's good for them to socialize as well as learn new things. 

Since we're going to be spending a lot of time on the boat this summer, we started up with swimming lessons this spring.  This was Erin's first time at swimming lessons and she's doing so well.  She loves the water.  We started her out in the Littles 1 class.  I didn't want to put her in the Baby Beginner class because let's face it...it's expensive and she can sing & pat the water at home for free.  Emmy loves to sit nearby and cheer her little sister on during her lessons.  She's such a good big sister. 
Last night we had evaluations.  Emmy finally mastered her flips from front to back and is able to advance to the Littles 4 class.  She's really doing so amazing for a four year old.  Last weekend we took the girls to the community center pool and stayed in the deep end without life jackets so that we could work on their skills.  Emmy was jumping in the 5' water and swimming back to the edge all by herself!  I don't think I knew how to swim at that age.  I do know that when I was little, my brothers threw me in the pool and said "kick" and that's pretty much how I learned.  Nice Brothers. :)  

Both girls are loving gymnastics.  They really love their instructor, Charles.  He does such a great job with the girls.  The girls' lessons are on different nights so Brad usually takes Erin to her class while I'm at dance lessons with Emmy.  Did I mention we're busy?

Emmy's ready to be done with dance.  She doesn't enjoy it very much, so this will probably be our last year.  Recital/Rehearsals are coming up soon - we are looking forward to being done.

This summer we are just going to focus on having FUN!  We're going to spend a lot of time on the boat & enjoy LIFE! 



No comments: