Well...The first tumble didn't happen at day care. We were getting ready early Monday morning and Brad was getting Emmy ready for the day. As he was walking down the stairs with her, he fell while holding her. It scared the living daylights out of me! All I heard was a very loud boom, boom, boom, down the stairs. I screamed and ran to see if they were okay. Emmy cried pretty hard and then fell asleep five minutes later. Both Brad and her are fine. Brad's back is a little sore today, but he's okay. Brad says that his big belly helped to cushion her fall. We were pretty worried about her all day.
When I brought her to day care, I told Dar about it. She has an RN background and said that she would watch for any signs of injury. She mentioned that Emmy was probably more startled than anything. Their little bones aren't really fully formed, so she's probably okay.
Emmy's first day at day care went really well. Dar said that she couldn't have asked for a better day and that Emmy was a little "Princess." She IS a little princess, but she can be a little stinker too. She ate about 4 oz at a time yesterday. That could be the reason that she is so good at day care. When she's at home, she would like to breastfeed EVERY hour. So, when she's at day care, it's nice to actually know how much she's actually getting at each feeding.
I wish that there was a little gauge on your chest that would tell you how much you are producing and how much the little stinkers are getting at each feeding. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment