Friday, September 12, 2008

Special Gift For Emmy

My paternal grandmother, Alice, used to do such beautiful cross stitch work. I only have a few of her pieces . She passed away a few years ago, so I was bummed when Emmy was born that I didn't have something that was made from Grandma Alice to display in her nursery.
Last weekend my dad gave us this special gift which was made by Emmy's Great Grandmother Alice a few years ago.
When my dad was helping my grandparents move out of their house, which they lived in for many years, he saw this piece and grabbed it...now I know why throughout my entire pregnancy my dad was so adamant on us having a girl!!
This gift is so special and I will cherish it forever!
It says,
"Train up a child in the way she should go;
and when she is old, she will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6"

No comments: