Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back To The Doctor

We brought Emmy into the clinic last night. She has had a cough for which seems like a couple of weeks now. It's more of a dry cough, but she coughs so hard that she gags or sometimes even gets sick. She's been tugging on her ears again so I had them check those too. Sure enough...she has ANOTHER ear infection. This poor kid!!! I feel bad for her. They put her on Augmentin this time. She gets 3/4 tsp two times a day for ten days. We go back in three weeks for a follow up visit. I keep wondering when they are going to mention putting tubes in her ears.
They weighed Emmy last night and she weighed in at 19 lbs 4 oz. This was with all of her clothes on including her diaper. Usually when they weigh her at her well child visits, they make her get undressed to her birthday suit.
I read a story online about an ear infection superbug discovered to be resistant to all pediatric antibiotics. I'm always looking for answers and I usually overreact...However, I don't think she has this because the medications that they have given her in the past seem to clear the infection up except for the first one. She just continues to get them a couple of weeks later.
Since she has been in day care, I think she's been sick every week. There seems to be some type of bug going around with all of the kids and they pass it to each other. It's like a revolving door and it gets frustrating having a sick kid all the time.
Emmy fell asleep in the car when we left the clinic last night. She was passed out on daddy's shoulder as he brought her into the house from the car. She slept in her clothes with her "I'm a Brave Patient" sticker on her shirt. She cried out a couple of times during the night, but fell right back to sleep. We gave her the first dose this morning. She is doing much better taking her medication now and likes the flavor.

No comments: