Emmy and I drove to Montevideo on Friday to spend the day with my mom. We enjoyed spending the afternoon together and went to a few stores in town. Emmy crawled right out of her stroller when we were at a store on main street. I was pushing the stroller and happened to stop and look at something on a shelf. All of a sudden I looked down and she was pushing the stroller from the front!! She was buckled in at one point...I was holding her and then decided to try something on in the dressing room so I put her in the stroller and told my mom to watch her for a few seconds. When I came out of the dressing room, I knew she wasn't buckled in the stroller but I figured she wouldn't be able to get into much so I continued strolling along. Well...I thought wrong! Too funny! We'll now buckle her EVERY time.
On Saturday afternoon we drove up to Alexandria to see Brad's family. Emmy had a rough time in the car. She napped before we left and then sat in the car for the long ride up north. We usually time her naps out so that she can nap in the car, but it didn't work out that way this day. She was not a happy camper. Brad tried to keep her company by hopping in the back seat, but that only lasted for a few minutes. The normal two hour car ride took us four hours. By the time we got to Alexandria I needed a Malibu/Coke REALLY bad!!
On Sunday got up early and went to church in Hoffman. Before church, Brad gave me a couple of cards. One from him and one from Emmy. He gave me a gift card to go shopping at a store of my choice. I can't wait to get some new clothes.
Emmy did pretty well at church. We forgot her toys & puffs at grandma & grandpa's house. So we tried to find something quick in the basket in our car. We could only occupy her with a golf ball and teether. The golf ball was okay until she tried to bang it on the pew.
She really likes to drop things on the floor now. Everything we give her lands on the floor and she wants us to pick them up. We don't give in...much.
After church we went back to the house and had lunch and then took naps. We stayed until dinner and then left for home. Emmy napped on the way home and then she was up for a couple of hours when we got home.

No comments:
Post a Comment