She has been throwing up about an hour after we give her the medication at night time. We were at the mall the other night and she got sick all over me and the store. It was quite embarrassing and I felt so bad for Emmy not feeling well. The employees at Bath & Body Works were so nice and told us that they would clean it up. Brad helped the woman and she was so understanding. She said she has kids of her own and is used to it.
We left the mall and called the nurse line right away. She wasn't running a fever but the nurse told us to try feeding her little sips at a time and wait for five minutes to see if she can keep it down. She didn't like me taking the bottle away because I'm sure she was really hungry. She eventually ate about four ounces and then went to bed.
Yesterday morning we gave her half of the dose and waited an hour and then gave her the other half. It seemed to work okay. However, last night the same thing happened again. After dinner I gave her the medication and then waited an hour and then gave her the rest of it. About an hour later she threw up again.
The sheet of directions that the pharmacy sent home says that vomiting can occur in the first few days. I really don't agree that we should continue to give her this medication if it makes her vomit. Getting rid of it is obviously her body's way of trying to tell us something. I was told several years ago by my college medical teacher that if you vomit it's your body's way of getting rid of something that it does not want or has too much of, etc...no brainer. I hate to be the overreacting parent who brings their kid into the doctor for every little thing, but I just don't think this is normal.

No comments:
Post a Comment