Friday, June 26, 2009

Emmy's First Boat Ride

My brother Scott just purchased a boat!!! The 1990 boat only had about 170 total hours on it, so it's just like brand new. I love the name that he chose for the boat..."Jon Matthew." Jon & Matt were Scott's best friends that passed away at a young age. What a nice tribute! It made me cry when I saw it.
We went back home for Father's Day and took the boat out on Green Lake in Spicer. We had a blast all day!! Emmy had fun and did so well on the boat. She had a life jacket on for about an hour and then I changed her diaper and she wouldn't put it back on.
Tyler and Brad had a blast tubing. They hit a big wave and the tube flew up in the air with them in it and bounced back down. When it bounced back in the water, Tyler and Brad bounced in the air and collided. They landed back in the tube, but then it flipped upside down and they did backwards somersaults down the lake. It was hilarious!!!
I haven't went water skiing for about 7 years. I was determined to get out there and do it once again, but the water temperature was sooooooo cold. Scott said that it was 67 degrees. I think it took me 20 minutes to finally jump in the water. I kept inching myself farther and farther and then I finally bit the bullet. Once I got in the water, then I was fine. I got right up on the skis on my first try. However, I quickly realized that I wasn't in very good shape. I ached all over the next day.
Brad went skiing and also tried to go on the wake board, but they didn't fit his feet.



Tyler & Brad tubing.


Brad having fun on the skis.
Look at those pipes!
I got him to smile...he never smiles for pictures.


No comments: