Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend News

We all came down with colds Thursday afternoon. On Friday, Emmy and I went to a few neighborhood garage sales. We picked up a couple of gems...one toy for her & one for daddy. After that, Emmy & I went shopping at the outlet mall in Albertville. She needed some new shoes. Her big toe hangs out the front of her sandals, but it doesn't seem to slow her down any. She has the littlest feet. The other day I brought home a pair that I had bought on my lunch break. They were a size 6-12 month and they fell right off of her feet. All stores are different...she'll fit into anywhere from a 2-4 size shoe.
Friday evening we all went to a fair in Rogers, which is about 5 miles down the road from our house. We ate some fair food (walkin' tacos... i.e. tacos in a Dorito's bag) and some other junk. We stayed to hear a little bit of the Johnny Holm Band. It's been years since we've been to one of their shows...We forgot how much fun it was and then shared stories of the times that we had seen them play. Brad was really wanting to go inside the beer gardens, but I quickly reminded him that we had a baby in a stroller and that we would look like the most ridiculous parents on the block. Poor Brad.
On Saturday evening my step-brother Jarrod, along with his family, stopped by our house on their way home from Virginia. We ate dinner out on our deck and reminisced. They will be staying in Montevideo until after their wedding reception this weekend. It was so good to see them again and to meet baby Janie! She's so adorable and weighs almost as much as Emmy!

No comments: