Monday, June 15, 2009

Garage Sales = A LOT OF WORK

I stayed up all night long on Thursday night getting ready for our garage sale. The birds were chirping at 4:30 a.m. My mom came down to help us during the sale, which was a huge help! I wasn't really tired throughout the day, but it really hit me at about 6:00 pm Friday. I was sitting on the couch talking to my mom and my head started bobbing and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I went to lay down at 6:30 and slept until about 9:00. Brad was exhausted too and went to bed at 9:00. I got up early Saturday morning and started another day of our garage sale. I don't know if we'll ever do another garage sale. They are so much work. Maybe when Emmy is a little older and we have to get rid of her toys & old clothes, we'll think about having another sale.
We had a lot of people come to the sale on Friday, but Saturday was a little slow. We had some people who switched price tags on us and also a couple of shoplifters. We closed at 2:00 on Saturday and boxed up everything that didn't sell and brought it to the Goodwill. Someone will be getting some very nice items. I brought some of my good clothes to Clothes Mentor. They kept about six items and I got $22 for them. Brad brought his clothes to Plato's Closet and they told him that his clothes were too nice for their store so he didn't get any money for his stuff.
We will probably use the money that we received from the sale to buy new outdoor lights for our house and some other odds and ends. We were planning on going to Ft. Lauderdale in July, but I think we'll have to push that out to August now since Dar is taking a week off in August. We don't have a backup daycare so I think we might schedule our vacations around hers.
Emmy did pretty well this weekend. She has become a tiger lately and has been growling a lot. She says GRRRRRRRRRR...it's so funny!!!! I'll get it on video and post it later tonight.
I treated my mom to a manicure yesterday afternoon. My mom is so funny...she had the whole place in tears!

No comments: