My mom, Scott, Rachel & Tyler all came down to go to the State Fair. We parked our cars in a lot about a mile from the fair grounds and hopped on a bus. This ends up working really well because then we don't have to pay for any parking and they take you right to the front gate.
We all had a great time and did so much walking & ate way too much food. One of my favorite things to eat at the fair is corn on the cob. I like to get a glass of milk somewhere in the day, but I think I ate too much food because I didn't even want a glass when we walked by the milk booth.
There were a lot of people at the fair, but since it was a cool day, not as many people showed up. You wouldn't know by the picture below because it's still elbow to elbow full of people.
The next day after the fair, we went for lunch at Benihana. Scott, Rachel & Tyler had never eaten there before. I didn't think Scott would like some of the food because he's such a picky eater. I figured he would like the entertainment of them cooking right on our table though.
He likes his steak very very rare and when he told the cook that it was done, the cook said it was still mooing. :)
After our Benihana lunch, we went to the Como Zoo. We had a nice time, but some of the exhibits were shut down for repair/renovation, etc. So some of the animals were not out. We were pretty pooped by the end of the day. It was a wonderful weekend with our family!!
Scott & Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment