Monday, January 11, 2010

Follow-up on ears

I picked up Emmy at daycare today and she had apparently fell while playing and now has a big cut on her forehead.  She seems fine and was happy when I picked her up.  It's about and inch long, but it looks more like a rug burn. 

I wanted to get her ears looked at again so I brought her into Ready Care after daycare.  As I was in the waiting area, I noticed that Emmy developed a rash on her back & stomach.  Good thing I was at the clinic.  When we saw the doctor he said that the rash was just viral and nothing to worry about.  However, she STILL has her ear infection and the doctor put her back on Omnicef...I'm getting really tired of this.  These medications just don't work.  We have an appointment next month for her 18 month check up.  Her pediatrician is reviewing Emmy's chart and will be referring us to an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) specialist to start the "tubes" process. 

No comments: