Friday, May 14, 2010

Summit Brewery Beer Tour

I arranged to take Brad on a tour of the Summit Brewing Company in St. Paul for his birthday. The tour was on a Thursday (his actual b-day) at 1:00 in the afternoon. I didn't tell Brad what the plans were for the day. He kept throwing out guesses, but was nowhere near what I had planned.

We were driving down this road into an industrial area and Brad asks, "Are you driving me to work?" Just then, we turned the corner and there was the brewery. He was really shocked and excited! He likes Summit beer. I am not a fan of beer, but thought their brewery was a cool idea since neither one of us have ever been on a beer tour.

I told Brad that we were probably going to be the only people on the tour. Remember, it was 1:00 on a work day. When we got inside, there were several benches for people to sit on. I was really shocked...after about ten minutes, the place was packed. I bet there were at least 75 or more people on the tour with us.

After her brief speech on the Summit history, the guide took us on a tour of the facility. Once inside the bottling factory I kind of felt like Luverne & Shirley.

Everything was clean & organized. It was neat to see the process of everything.

After the tour was finished, each person was given three FREE tokens to use at the bar. How can you pass up free beer? They had several Summit varieties to choose from...even root beer.
Keg Washer


No comments: