On Friday Brad, Emmy and I drove to Willmar to visit my grandpa Harley. This was the first meeting for Emmy & her great grandpa. I called my dad to have him meet us all for lunch. My dad picked up my grandpa at the nursing home and then met us at McMillan's in Willmar. It was so nice to see grandpa Harley. We had such a nice visit. Emmy was so cute for them and she ate like a little bird with her mouth wide open ready for each bite. Grandpa Harley thought that it was funny.
Emmy also LOVES pickles. I let her suck on the pickle that came with my meal. I thought that she would have made the funniest face, but she didn't at all. She thought that they were great & just wanted more...this kid will eat ANYTHING! I was taking pictures during lunch and then I handed Emmy to my grandpa Harley to get a picture...then at the worst timing the battery on my camera went dead. I was so bummed!! My dad was taking pictures with his camera and they turned out so stink'n cute - I'll have to post them later when I get them from my dad.
Emmy also LOVES pickles. I let her suck on the pickle that came with my meal. I thought that she would have made the funniest face, but she didn't at all. She thought that they were great & just wanted more...this kid will eat ANYTHING! I was taking pictures during lunch and then I handed Emmy to my grandpa Harley to get a picture...then at the worst timing the battery on my camera went dead. I was so bummed!! My dad was taking pictures with his camera and they turned out so stink'n cute - I'll have to post them later when I get them from my dad.
Emmy was playing with her toys/rattles and I asked grandpa Harley what his favorite toy was as a child and he said, "Trucks." Go figure - he drove truck for many years.
After lunch, we went to the nursing home to see my grandpa's room and also visit my aunt LeAnn. She works at the same nursing home where my grandpa has recently moved to. How nice for them to be so close. Emmy did so well with Aunt LeAnn. She was so happy.
After lunch, we went to the nursing home to see my grandpa's room and also visit my aunt LeAnn. She works at the same nursing home where my grandpa has recently moved to. How nice for them to be so close. Emmy did so well with Aunt LeAnn. She was so happy.
My dad takes my grandpa out for dinner every three weeks. My grandpa doesn't ever forget how long it has been and will remind my dad when the time comes near -- he would prefer that my dad came every week! He loves to go to the American Legion.
We didn't get to see grandpa's room - my dad had to take grandpa Harley to Cash Wise to get groceries for his little fridge that he has in his room. So, we had a nice visit with LeAnn and then...we got in the car and drove to Alexandria. We were all over Minnesota on Friday. We saw BOTH sides of the family in one day!!! My nephew, Tyler, had a diving meet in Alexandria on Friday evening. We weren't sure that he was going to be participating because he wasn't feeling well. Thursday night he told us he wasn't going to be diving, but by Friday morning he felt better and was then scheduled to dive. So we made the trip up to Alex and then stopped at Wal-mart to buy diapers, formula, jammies, toothbrushes, etc to stay overnight with Grandma Debbie & Papa Jerry.
There were nine schools participating in the tournament. Out of those nine teams (about 30 or so kids) Tyler placed 4th!!! He did very well and had a very good season this year! Way to go Tyler!! Next year he will be on Varsity??!!
After the meet, we met the team at Arby's. Brad even recognized one of the Monte coaches - Matt Olsen. Brad knew that he was from the Hoffman area, but couldn't quite place him. My mom, Linda, isn't shy so she went up to Matt and asked him if he was from the area. He said that he was and then my mom asked him if he knew the Krusemark name. His face lit up and then he came over and talked to us for a while - he mentioned that he used to party with Brad's brother back in high school.
We didn't get to see grandpa's room - my dad had to take grandpa Harley to Cash Wise to get groceries for his little fridge that he has in his room. So, we had a nice visit with LeAnn and then...we got in the car and drove to Alexandria. We were all over Minnesota on Friday. We saw BOTH sides of the family in one day!!! My nephew, Tyler, had a diving meet in Alexandria on Friday evening. We weren't sure that he was going to be participating because he wasn't feeling well. Thursday night he told us he wasn't going to be diving, but by Friday morning he felt better and was then scheduled to dive. So we made the trip up to Alex and then stopped at Wal-mart to buy diapers, formula, jammies, toothbrushes, etc to stay overnight with Grandma Debbie & Papa Jerry.
There were nine schools participating in the tournament. Out of those nine teams (about 30 or so kids) Tyler placed 4th!!! He did very well and had a very good season this year! Way to go Tyler!! Next year he will be on Varsity??!!
After the meet, we met the team at Arby's. Brad even recognized one of the Monte coaches - Matt Olsen. Brad knew that he was from the Hoffman area, but couldn't quite place him. My mom, Linda, isn't shy so she went up to Matt and asked him if he was from the area. He said that he was and then my mom asked him if he knew the Krusemark name. His face lit up and then he came over and talked to us for a while - he mentioned that he used to party with Brad's brother back in high school.

No comments:
Post a Comment