Monday, February 16, 2009

A Wee One, But Not So Wee

I took Emmy to her 6 month check up last Friday. She weighs 15 lbs 10 oz and is 25 1/2 inches in length. She gained almost 3 lbs since her last check up. Her head is a bit bigger than the rest of her body. She is in the 25-50 percentile for height & weight, but her head is in the 75 %ile. We have to stretch the necks on all of her shirts to fit them over her head. She got four shots on Friday and one oral vaccine. She only cried when the shots went in. The nurse was really quick. Emmy stopped crying after they were all in. She did so good! Before the shots, I gave her some Tylenol...I bet that helped.
The doctor said to keep doing everything that we are doing and stay on the same schedule. She said Emmy was doing just great. Her next appointment is her 2nd flu shot next month and then after that it's her 9 month check up.
Friday night Emmy had a fever of 100.6. It's typical for her to run a fever after getting her shots. I gave her some more Tylenol. She was a bit restless and cranky. But, she was fine by morning.

No comments: