Last weekend we went back to Monte to take in the Halloween festivities around town. My mom was hosting a Halloween party for the little kids at the American Legion. The ladies put on a nice party for the kids and had fun games & prizes for all ages. Emmy wasn't quite sure what was going on, but loved to see all the kids running around.
We dressed Emmy up as a lion and she was in character making her loud roar sound all day long.
After the Legion party we scooted across the highway to Luther Haven to visit the folks at the nursing home. We visited with a few people and Emmy filled up her bucket with candy real fast. She doesn't even know about it yet. I'm actually hiding it from her because I know she will get into it if it's left out. She loves chocolate.
I mentioned in an earlier post that Emmy has an ear infection. Well, on Saturday morning as I was grabbing something out of the diaper bag, I noticed that Emmy's whole bottle of medication had leaked out into the bag. I called her clinic in Minneapolis right away to have them send in a refill to the Wal-Mart pharmacy in Monte. When we went up to get the prescription, we were told that our insurance company would not give us the refill due to loss, damaged or spilled medication and the fact that it was too soon of a refill. This makes me so mad. Ugh!! We ended up going back to my mom's house and tried to get enough of the medication out of the bottle to give her one more dose until we could get back to Minneapolis and get her a new prescription. The pharmacist at Wal-Mart suggested that we take her to urgent care in the cities the next day (Sunday). I ended up giving her Dimatap which was recommended by a nurse friend of mine. I called Emmy's doctor on Monday morning and told them the situation. They gave us a totally different prescription, Augmentin...which last time Emmy got really sick on. However, she seems to be doing well this time. She will be on Augmentin for another 10 days. By then, I will take her back in to the clinic to get her ears rechecked.

No comments:
Post a Comment