Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Say What?

Emmy's vocabulary has grown tremendously over the past few months. She likes to repeat everything that we are saying. Now we have to be careful of what comes out of our mouth.

She is putting sentences together like...
  • "Where'd that baby go?"
  • "Is Erin sleeping?"
  • "Where's that daddy going?"
  • "Come here Max."

For the past couple of months she's been singing the entire alphabet and counts 1..2..3. She loves to say her name: Emmy Kristine. Last night I got her to say Kruse...Mark.

It's really awesome to hear her talking. I can ask Brad a question and Emmy will answer back from another room. Her most common answer is "No." Everything is a no in her world.

  • Mommy (to emmy): Do you love your mommy?
  • Emmy: No.
  • Mommy: Do you love your daddy?
  • Emmy: No.
  • Mommy: Do you love Erin?
  • Emmy: No.
  • Mommy: Are you hungry?
  • Emmy: No.
  • Mommy: Do you want to go outside?
  • Emmy: Okay.

She loves to say mouse and pooh. She brings me the remote so that she can watch her cartoons. Mickey Mouse & Tigger and Pooh are her two favorite cartoons for right now. We tell her that Elmo is taking a nap because I just can't watch that tv show anymore!

She sings the "Hot Dog" song from Mickey Mouse. I think it's a catchy tune. She can only say hot dog though and she sways from side to side.

No comments: