A few weeks ago I had the scare of a lifetime. I brought Emmy & Erin to Creative Kids Stuff to pick out a birthday gift for Shelby. I had both girls in the stroller and was browsing through the store just fine. I noticed that everyone was letting their kids have free reign of the store. All of the moms in the store were letting their kids play with all of the toys and I didn't want to be the only parent in the store who wasn't going to allow their kid to get out of the stroller. So, I unbuckled Emmy and away she went. She was having so much fun and I was always within eyesight of her. I was checking out all of the cool toys/gifts when I turned to where Emmy was playing just a moment ago - she was no longer there. I looked the other direction...no Emmy. I walked around the whole store and couldn't find her anywhere. I ran out to the front door and checked outside...no Emmy. I walked around the store again and she was no where to be found. My heart sunk to my toes and I thought she had been taken away from me. I asked the sales guy very loudly if he had seen a little girl in a pink shirt and pig tails. He, along with other moms, started searching for her. All of a sudden the sales guy says, "There she is!" There she was in the back of the store, tucked away in a corner. She came running to me and thought it was funny that she was hiding from me. Ugh... Now I know how my mom felt when I was little. My mom would bring me shopping with her and I thought it was fun to hide under all of the hanging clothes racks. I got lost in the Kandi Mall in Willmar one time and my mom couldn't find me. She found me later wandering the hallway. She wasn't very happy with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment