Thursday, September 2, 2010

Emmy's Bad Haircut

It is quite upsetting to ask to have a specific cut, and then notice afterwards, that not only did the cut not turn out as cute as I had pictured in my head, but it looked badly on Emmy as well. My face must have shown pure horror because the woman that was cutting Emmy's hair kept asking me if I was all right. I guess I was so shocked because I knew right away that we wouldn't be able to do her cute pig tails anymore.
I went into the salon with the intentions of just trimming Emmy's hair. We love to do pig tails and french braids. Emmy's hair was getting long enough to put two french braids down the sides of her head. It was so cute on her the other day (before the bad hair cut).

As I was telling the lady that I just wanted to trim it up a bit, there was a little girl about Emmy's age sitting in the chair next to her. She was getting her hair cut into a little bob and it looked so cute. I told the gal that was cutting Emmy's hair that it was cute and that I just love that kind of hair style on kids. She went on and on about how Emmy's hair would be so cute like that. She thought that I was really wanting Emmy's hair just like the little girl in the chair next to her. She talked me into it I guess.

I just hate the fact that it is so short. She actually took a thinning shears to Emmy's bangs!! I have to take a deep breath and calm down. Panicking is not going to make her hair grow back any faster. I told the lady, "I guess it's just hair and it will eventually grow back." She responded, "Oh it's so cute and it will turn into a full bob by Christmas time." Christmas Time, I thought! You have got to be kidding me!
The sides are too short to do anything with. I have resorted to using head bands for now.

She looks like this guy from the movie Apocolypto.

No comments: