Sunday, September 5, 2010

Erin's 6 Month Stats

I brought Erin into the clinic for her six month check up on Friday. She weighs 15 lbs 12 oz and is 25 inches long. She's in the 25-50 percentile for weight, but is a little shorty I guess. She's only in the 10-25 percentile for her length. Her head measures 43.1 cm and is in the 50-75 percentile.


Erin received four shots (two in both legs) and also an oral vaccine as Emmy watched nearby. Erin cried pretty hard for a couple of minutes after receiving the shots. I just hate that they give so many shots at one time. Those needles are so long. I feel like they are going to poke out the other side of her leg.


Her appointment was at 10:15 in the morning. She started feeling the effects of the vaccines around 5:00 pm. She was crying pretty hard with every slight movement and running a fever of 101.4. I tried to comfort her as much as possible and give her a little bit of baby Tylenol. She seemed to calm down around bed time.

I felt so bad for her. She was crying pretty hard which is very unusual for her. I actually had a bit of a moment where I didn't know what to do with her because she NEVER cries. So when she does cry like this, I know she's in a lot of pain.
She was definitely back to her old self by morning.


She has a good grasp when I give her the rattle or teether. She's starting to sit up on her own, but still falls over quite a bit. She loves to babble and loves when we talk to her. She's so easygoing and is a good napper. She takes a morning and an afternoon nap every day. She usually sleeps about 12 hours every night and sleeps straight through to each morning.

Our nightly routine is to give baths around 7:30 - 8:00 and then bedtime around 8:30.


We are really lucky to have two great little girls!

No comments: