Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Indoor Maze

Last Saturday we brought the girls to the indoor playground near our house.  There's a special play area for toddlers which has a small ball pit, toddler slide, and climbing structure.  Emmy now likes to play in the ball pit.  It's funny how just a few months ago she was not comfortable playing in there.  She has fun in this toddler area, but would much rather follow around the other kids into the "big kid" playground. 
I took her all the way to the top of the big kid maze and swirled down the spiral slide with her.  I was out of breath by the time I got to the top of the maze.  It's a lot of work getting all the way up there...especially with a bad back.  
We only have to show Emmy how to do something one time.  She ended up going all the way to the top of the maze by herself (at least 40 ft in the air) and slid down the spiral slide all on her own.  A lot of the parents who were also waiting for their kids to come down the slide were amazed that Emmy got up there and down all by herself.  I think she was the smallest kid in that area. 
Erin wore herself out by crawling around the floor.  She's scooting around so well and is starting to get up on her knees. 

No comments: